Friday, September 9, 2011

Steve Jobs Quits Apple

Steve Jobs have resigned from Apple Inc. on August 24, 2011. He had been with apple for 14 years. Jobs had nominated Tim Cook as his successor. Tim cook (chief operating officer) will take over as CEO of Apple.

Jobs been suffering from pancreatic cancer and is currently undergoing treatment for it. He was heard quoting “I will be the first one to step up and tell our Board of Directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple’s CEO” on January 5, 2009.

On August 24, 2011, he sent a resignation letter to the board of directors.

“I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.


I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee. As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple. I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.” Jobs will be the chairman of Apple Inc. and Tim Cook will be the CEO. Tim cook was recommended strongly by Jobs, which is not a surprise owing to the fact that he had taken care of the day-to-day operations of Apple Inc. during the medical leave of Steve Jobs. Apple board member, Art Levinson (chairman of Genentech) said “In his new role as Chairman of the Board, Steve will continue to serve Apple with his unique insights, creativity and inspiration.”


Although a resignation from a CEO seems like all in a day’s work. For the techno geeks, this is like a demise of a hero. After all, he is the man who revolutionized the computers and, most recently, the world of communication.

0 comments:

Post a Comment