Monday, October 17, 2011

Reference Letter for Suggestions for Advertising Jobs

If the company wants to survive in the market for a longer period, then it has to be on its toes and make its presence feel in the consumer market through creative advertising. By advertising its products and services, the company can survive the heat of the competition and can increase the product sales and the profit as well. There is always a place in the advertising industries for people with creative skills, imaginative and innovative thinking.

Getting an advertising job is easier if you have a good network. Sometimes, companies prefer internal references and avoid publishing the job opening. This helps them to save their time and money. Moreover, they can easily approach the person who has referred the candidate for the job, in case there is some problem from the candidate’s side.

 There are varieties of jobs available in the advertising industry. You can pick your area of interest from accounts, sales, public-relations, arts and design, copy-writing, etc. The problem is with people just passing out from the college. They are not able to understand where their qualification can fit in the advertising jobs. This is the time when they should reach to an expert from the advertising field for suggestions.

When taking advice from an expert, you should try to reach them in a respectable manner. This is possible only by writing a reference letter for suggestions. The effort you would be putting in writing the letter will definitely show your sincerity, and the recipient will be convinced that you are serious about a career in the advertising field.

Reference Letter for Suggestions for Advertising Jobs

John N. Ventura
170 Kimberly Way
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Phone: (616) XXX-7935
Email: jnventura@ad.com

Date: October 7, 2011

James N. Keith
Media Manager
Crystal Advertising Services
2294 Butternut Lane
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Dear Mr. Keith,

Our college librarian, Ms. Rose Doyle made me aware about your impressive personality and the huge experience you have in the advertising industry. As I will be graduating with a degree in mass communication, I am not sure how to start my career in the advertising sector. She told me to meet you and get your suggestions about career in the advertising industry. Therefore, I am writing to you with an expectation to enrich my knowledge with your priceless suggestions.

I am interested in creative writing since my school days. I have written lots of jingle for local products. Even in college, whenever there is any function, I write the welcome speech for our principal. I have also written a song for our college that was sung by all the students to celebrate our college’s 100th anniversary. My writing is appreciated by my friends and our professors. I am not sure whether my writing could match up the expectation of the advertising industry. I am enclosing few of my creative works for your reading. Please save some time and read through it. I would love to take and implement your suggestions on my writing.

You have been in this field for quite a long time. And you must have seen many creative people in your career. I am not sure how you will rate me on my creativity. Even if you criticize my work, it would be an inspiration for me. I promise you that every single word coming out of your mouth will be preserved in my mind and heart till the end.

I request you to inform me about your convenient time to meet you. Should I call you after five days henceforth to make an appointment? If yes, please mail or call me. Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

John N. Ventura

Enclosure: Copy of creative writing This sample of a reference letter for suggestion grabs the reader’s attention from the first paragraph by starting it in a different fashion. It also includes few words of praise for the readers so that the letter could be read completely. Make sure, you are not exceeding the limit and show a deliberate exaggeration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment